Sunday, March 14, 2010

Do not pay the horrific cost of Razor Cartridge Refills



I cannot believe what they want to charge for razor cartridge refills...for the Gillette Fusion Razor it typically will run over $14 for a 4pk of cartridge refills...no let me tell you what I paid for the above 2 brand new razors that include a refill cartridge so you get the same amount of blades that you get with the 4pk refill.

Razors on sale for $7 each. Target had a gift card special if you buy 2 Gillette Fusion Razors you get a $5 dollar gift card. So even just at this if you paid $14 out of pocket for each razor and then took away the gift card you got back I would have paid a total of $9 out of pocket which is less than the cost of a 4 pk refill. But I did not even pay $14 out of pocket for the above...here is actually what I paid.

2 Razors $14
minus $8 used (2) $4/1 coupons from P&G insert
Total Cost of the Razors: $6.00
Tax: .63
Total OOP: $6.63
But remember that I pocketed the $5 gift card that is pictured above so when you take that away the total it cost me was actually $1.63 of which .63 cents was tax so I paid $1 for 4 blades that would have cost me $14 in the refill pack.....now that is what I call awesome savings....at 73% savings on the deal I did today...compared to what I would have paid if I had paid $14 for a 4pk refill it is a 93% savings.....I am constantly looking for these kind of deals so that I don't have gulp as I go to the register and pay $14 for 4 razor blades......

No comments: