Saturday, February 20, 2010

Shopping Trip to Publix.....including items for Buckets of Hope for Haiti



There are 2 reasons for the fact that I have 2 pictures on this post. For one there was too much to fit in one picture very well and the other thing is the 2nd picture is actually of items that I bought for the Buckets of Hope for Haiti campaign that our church is participating in. I did not have any coupons for these items. They totaled $24.12 the pasta was buy one get on free so this total includes only 1 of the pastas. So when I do my totals below I will take this out because this was a separate thing I purchased to give away and knew I did not have coupons for the items. Today I spent $39.66 and saved $83.10 which was a 68% savings. I used a $10/$50 CVS coupon......I love these they really help you bring your total down quickly....Even if you add the items I bought for the Buckets of Hope back in it would equate to a 57% savings which is not bad either...... I listed below what I got(not including the items in the 2nd picture)

4 Jars of Classico Pasta Sauce
8 Cans of Progresso Soup
4 Coffee Mate Liquid Creamers(got a sweet deal on these...had (4) $1/1 Food Lion coupons and (2) .50/1 manufacturer coupons the cost of these were 3/$5(or$1.67 ea) well I had $5 in coupons so I got all 4 of these creamers for $1.67 so it was like getting 3 free and we use a lot of creamer at our house so this was a really sweet deal.....
3 Pillsbury Cinnamon Rolls
6 Pillsbury Crescent Rolls
2 Coles Breadsticks
4 Mueller's Whole Wheat Pasta
2 Rubbermaid Easy Find Produce Containers
2 Green Giant Frozen Boxed Vegis
8 Cans of Green Giant Vegis
1 Gallon of Milk
1 5lb Bag of Sugar
3 pkgs of Ground Sirloin Hamburger meat
1 Dz Large Eggs

Total Retail : $122.76
Vendor and Store Coupons Used: $39.25
Total Special Price savings(B1G1): $43.85
Total OOP: $39.66

The totals with the items from Buckets of Hope for Haiti included
Total Retail: $148.17
Vendor and Store Coupons Used: $39.25
Total Special Price savings(B1G1): $45.14
Total OOP: $63.78

It feels really good to give to others!!!!

No comments: